Blocked drains are serious household emergency that need to be dealt with very quickly so as not to cause even further damage. A blocked drain can cause havoc, causing bad smells and potential flood damage. To avoid further problems drainage blockage, it should be dealt with immediate effect along with home repair and renovation process.
Signs and Causes of Drainage Blockage:-
- If the manholes drains are running slow, this could be the first sign of a blockage forming and should be dealt with quickly.
- Soap residue is often the culprit of blocked sinks and plug holes.
- Food leftover in kitchen sinks lead to blockage as cooked fats when exposed to cold water in a sink pipe can thicken and solidify.
- Sanitary towels or baby nappies down the toilet are prone to clogging up the pipe work.
- Hair is often tangled around the plug holes and bathrooms.
Tips for Overcoming Blockage
- First examine the opening of the drain pipe. See if there is any substance that can be easily pulled out to clear the blocked drain. use a coat hanger to plug and pull out the clog.
- Push the plunger up and down in the pipe several times. The plunger would create the vacuum and will definitely clear the pipe.
- Regular removal of this hair from the bath and showers is a must. It may appear that there is no hair blocking the hole. Just run your fingers over the hole and pull up any hair found for free water flow.
- To reduce the chance of a block occurring in your drains, it is strongly advised that you check your manholes and drainage covers to see if the drains are running freely.
- You can even pour drain cleaning powder s or liquids in to the blocked pipe which pushes the debris, silt, hairs, and other accumulated waste from the other open-end.
- Using disinfectants and hot water to flush the wash basin, bath and shower pipers on a regular basis is also a good idea.
- If the drainage blockage problem still persist, seeking professional help is advisable without delaying.